Monday, August 4, 2008

A Little More of the Tour










This is the family room right off the dining room. We bought some new furniture for this room because we had had the other for so long and wanted to use it in the basement. We enjoy this room so much because it is centrally located in the house.

Off the family room is our sunroom which is divided into two living areas- one for EllaKate and one as a sitting area. I painted three shelves I had the same color as the dining room so they would blend in better and added some baskets I found @ Walmart for all of EllaKate's toys. I also put out all the children's books I had been saving for EllaKate, so she loves to sit at her table and read books from her 'library'. I didn't have any furniture to put in the sunroom but found some @ Pier 1 so we can to sit and enjoy looking out on the back yard and pool. I like sitting out there in the mornings to have my coffee and quiet time- very calming with the sun just coming up.

Probably my favorite room in the house is my kitchen! It is Wheat Grass with a brick wall and granite counter tops. The cabinets are dark wood and really looked brand new when everything came together. I love my new slick top range and yes that is a built in grill although we have not used it- maybe this winter we will try it out. We have 2 more barstools coming. We love eating in the kitchen while looking out on the front yard.

Off the kitchen is my laundry room. I love it too mostly because of the color and convenience. It has two doors- one down to a brick patio and the pool and the other to the breeze way that leads to Savannah's house. It is a bright and cheerful room!
Hope to add the bedrooms and bathrooms tomorrow.

ps Today was the day EllaKate was supposed to start to preschool... guess who woke up with a sick stomach of nerves and couldn't let her go? Scott? no The girls? no... ME!!! I couldn't let her go- I need her here with me... She is why I stay home everyday... We began homeschool today and I will be her teacher... I am also going to get a playgroup started so she will have a scheduled playtime with friends! Any takers??? You can see in the picture EllaKate was perfectly fine staying home and hanging out with mom.

My dining room is to the right of the foyer and is painted Brevity Brown. I absolutely LOVE the color! I bought a mirror to go over the side board on Friday, but have yet to hang it. We love to have people over and were blessed with a big crowd of friends and family for dinner, so tonight was the first time Scott and I have eaten in there. We loved it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment