Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was wonderful and bittersweet all tied together
with smiles and tears...

Wonderful and smiles because I have SO many blessings~
Last year with no ShayleeJoy

to this year with her forever momma!!!
My precious family minus Savannah, Josh, and Will.

My sweet ones right here around me~

The love of my life that swept me away 25 years ago~

Craziness that goes on even in the midst...
and gives me joy~

My mom (SO amazing), dad and siblings~

My sister and her family~

My brother and his family~

ALL the children in our family with Will on the way~

Sweet, sweet Addie who was dedicated this Mother's Day~



And mostly for the privilege to be a mom~
to my married daughter and her new husband...
to my two beautiful teenage daughters,
to my two adorable Chinese daughters,
and to a little Chinese son far away on this Mother's Day...
sure to be in my arms this time next year!!!

My heart is so full...
of all that's wonderful and smiles
as well as bittersweet and tears.
Nothing could have prepared us for what we would feel
the day after the wedding but know for sure,
no matter how hard it was to let her go,
Our dreams came true when she gave her heart to the very one
we prayed for so long...
the one that now holds her heart in his,
the one that we dearly love just like our own~ Our BIG son!!! :)

So you see,
"Real tears are not those that fall from the eyes and cover the face,
but those that fall from the heart and cover the soul."
~ Unknown
My soul is covered and I am oh so thankful for every smile and every tear...
if not for both, there would be no love.
I wouldn't change a thing!!!

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. . .And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. - excerpts from 1 Corinthians 13:4-13


12 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day, late! Your family is beautiful!!! And, your pictures are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Mother's Day! Your family is so lucky to have you in their lives. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post!! Sounds like it is getting a little better:) The pictures are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my those pictures are gorgeous! I love the way the colors just GRABS you! What a beautiful family (extended family) as well you have! OMG and Addie sweet little baby cheeks!!! yum, yum yum!! Love me a chunky baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful post from and extra special Mom. thank you, for sharing.

    And, I know only too well that post wedding heavy heart. But, it will pass my friend.

    lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a sweet Mothers Day! I can't believe how big Addie is getting! Love seeing you with the kids (man, you have a few! Lol!) twice as many as your Mama had!! I wonder when Savannah will become a Mommy......?? You know what that will mKe you, right!? One hot Grammy! Oh, i just love imagining it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful post. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful family. I can only imagine the emotions you would have after all the excitement is over....and she is gone. Makes me tear up just thinking about it.

    I loved your quotes. Can't wait to see Will with his family next Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad we could spend the day with you guys and celebrate so many wondering blessings. Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Mother's Day to one of my favorite moms in the Land of Blog! So glad you had a great day with your sweet family. I love, love, love all of the pictures!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    P.S. I am going back to check for more wedding posts! I am most likely behind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a BEAUTIFUL post!! I had tears as I read! You are one Blessed Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing Mother's Day you had! You are definitely SO blessed! Love all your gorgeous pics as always.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful family you have.

    Our oldest daughter just got married two weeks ago today.

    I agree with you....such a mixture of emotions...very bittersweet.

    I am so happy for her. Love my new son-in-law.
    Yet, it is so hard to let her go...

    *deep sigh*

    ReplyDelete