Saturday, September 18, 2010

Out of ICU and over to the Step Down Unit

We were able to finally see Jing around 12:30 today.
We didn't know it but rounds take a lot longer
on the weekends, so we had to wait a while.
The nurse told us Jing was having a hard time keeping
anything down and was pretty sick.
I was amazed at how much better she looked
since just last night.
When she finally opened her eyes to see me,
she sat up in the bed and wanted me to hold her.
She was surrounded by wonderful nurses today~
MaryBeth and two student nurses.
Little did I know Jing was doing so well around 3:00,
they were preparing to move her from ICU to Step Down.
Here they are moving her down the hall.

Our new home for the next few days~
very nice private room.
I will be able to stay with her all the time now
and when the drainage tubes are out,
I can hold her all the time too!!!
My beautiful sleeping beauty!!!
She has had a pretty good afternoon.
Sleeping a lot and drinking some.
Hoping for a good night and new strength in the morning!!!
Haven't really given us a day when they think we will go home
but Monday was thrown around maybe Tuesday.

And what could make this day even better?
A surprise visit from my sweet friend Lyn...
the one that made the monogrammed shirts for the girls.
It was such a blessing for her to come for a visit.
Love you Lyn!!!

Isaiah 58:8 NIV

Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.

14 comments:

  1. I stand amazed again at how God is moving in sweet JingJing's life. She is so strong and I know that you are so proud of her. She's so beautiful! I love seeing the photos of the two of you together. You can feel the love just looking at them.

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing and she looks so good!!! Glad you get to be there with her at night now too. I'm sure just knowing that her Mama is by her side is some of the best medicine there is. You know...you can hold her with chest tubes in if you feel like it would be helpful/calming to her. We had to push for it but Georgia was very distraught until they put her in my arms. It was a kindof awkward snuggle but seemed to help her turn the corner.
    Praying for great, deep, healing rest for you all tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise you Jesus for your healing touch upon Jing Jing! Oh how faithful and loving you are! Jing Jing you are one special little lady and there are many heads bowed on your behalf sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks wonderful. I am so glad that everything has gone well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine what you all have gone through... so thankful that she is doing better and that you can hold her....
    God's healing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet. I am so happy to read that she is doing well and that you can be with her ALL the time now.


    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been following your blog before you got SJ not knowing how similar our stories would be. Our china doll had emergency surgery and we almost lost her. Such a great feeling to see pink. We have been home for 5 months now and will still need another surgery but God has done and is doing amazing things. I love your strong faith. God has a story for your sweet little one and these heart babies are fighters. I will continue to lift you up in my prayers.
    melody www.youbelong.net/lietzau

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That post brought me to tears. I cannot even imagine what you are going through. That is one strong little gal you have there. Try to rest and get plenty of sleep. She is going to have you running around chasing her sooner than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got tears in my eyes looking at her color!! What a JOY to see your sweet JingJing looking so healthy! sending hugs and prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful that this is now a part of the past! The timing of all these events is amazing and SJ is so beautiful. I am so glad to see that she is out of ICU and I wish you all smooth sailing from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi I am a new reader from UK just found your blog. It so amazing to know that God has planned every step of the way. How can people doubt that there is a God
    God Bless you all

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad your girl is doing well. After being gone such a long time I know it will be a relief to finally be HOME with all your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so sweet that now you can be withy our sweet girl all the time! In a private room & HOLD her!!!! I know how much that Sh has come to crave your touch in a the few weeks that you have known her! It will be a speedier recovery when she's getting so much love!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary Beth is one of our favorite nurses! She is so smart and so kind! In Step Down we LOVED nurse Jenna! So very sweet. Praying for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete