Saturday, May 16, 2009

Working in my Yard

Today we bought 3 flats of vinca, 12 snapdragons, 2 geraniums, and 1 hydrangea and planted our flower beds plus the rest of my pots. While shopping for our plants, EK picked up a shovel and just had to bring it home. She worked so hard especially when she discovered earthworms. I don't think she had ever seen them- she doesn't dig in the dirt that often. She fell in LOVE with them and kept saying, "Aren't they beautiful!". I finally talked her into letting them go by asking her if she wanted to swim. They now live in the flower bed near the pool. A great day!!!

IMG_8622-2

IMG_8626-2

IMG_8629-2

IMG_8630-2

IMG_8632-2

One of my favorite flowers!!!
IMG_8633-2

Blessings,
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things to do in Spring...plant flowers! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog~

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have been planting away too, I bought some sweet william which I have never planted, I hope it does well.
    Your little gardener is ADORABLE:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet they'll all look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Madelyn discovered earthworms just the other day. She fell in love with them also!

    ReplyDelete