Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My Song Bird



As I am sitting here this morning reading my favorite blogs, I wondered what I could blog about today. Our piano is in the same room as our computer and EllaKate comes in and pulls out the bench to sit down. She began playing with one finger on each hand. THEN, she begins to sing 'Tinkle, Tinkle, Little Star', and THEN she proceeds to get down and try to open the bench. She looks @ me and says, "Music, Tinkle, Tinkle".... which means, "I need some music to read and play the piece I am singing." She played a few notes on each page and sang Twinkle Little Star on each page. I have got to figure out how to put video clips on here. Even as I sit here blogging, she is still pulling out music books, climbing up to play, and getting down for more. She is definitely musically inclined and has learned so much through song. As a teacher, I taught lots of skills to my children through music and it working with EllaKate as well. Most of the time when we are reading a book or putting an ABC puzzle together, she says, "Sing Mama Sing". She is learning her letter sounds with some songs I am teaching her. We are off to spend some time with our friends, Sheryl and Madeline (home from China about 4 months) and pictures of the day to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment