Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Our Garden

I have wanted a 'little' garden ever since we moved back to Hartwell. I say little because when I was growing up, we had a HUGE garden. When I was a little girl we got up very early to pick vegetables before it got too hot, spent the rest of the day shelling or shucking and then poor momma would stay up half the night putting it all up. We lived on those vegetables all summer and then well into the winter... momma and daddy still do.

All that to say, that's not what I am going for... I just wanted a few things that EK and I could take care of and pick through the summer for dinner now and then.

Scott took 4 planks, nailed them together and made the boundaries. He then filled it with cow manure soil and planted 2 tomato plants, 2 squash plants, 2 pepper plants, and a row of okra.
IMG_0336

IMG_0338

IMG_0340

EK has loved watering them and watches closely to see if she can tell they are growing. Her favorite thing in all the world to eat is a tomato. She asks me all the time to make her a tomato sandwich... won't it be great when we can go down and pick one!
IMG_0346



Blessings,
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That is exactly what I want to do, except I want to make two of them. One for veggies and one for flowers! I probably won't get around to it for at least a month, if at all this year.

    ReplyDelete