Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Wonderful Saturday





I haven't shared this tidbit because I really don't want the grief, but I have to disclose... I have decorated for Christmas somewhat. Last Saturday, we hung our wreaths and put up our trees. They have just sat all week so we could decorate them with Savannah this weekend. It is always such a fun time to take out each ornament and remember its significance. EllaKate loved hanging each one we handed her with such sweet care. The big girls loved it too- we laughed and even shed a few tears... very special.

And now... do you know about the Elf on the Shelf? EllaKate and I found one @ the bookstore yesterday and bought it. It has a very cute book and elf inside. We read the book and are still thinking of a name. We sat our little elf on the bookshelf and he has been watching us ever since. Each night he flies to the North Pole to let Santa know how everyone is doing. EllaKate just LOVES him. She watches him all the time. This morning when she woke up, she got out of bed and walked into the family room to see him. He was missing... she came running into our room and said, "My elf is gone!!!" I got up and went with her. We looked around and would you believe he was on a different shelf??? :) Must have changed spots when he got home. We were sitting together on the sofa and she said to me, "I think I saw his eyes move." I said, "Me too!"She said, "Oh my!!!" I whisper to him all the time and she watches with such intensity!!! What a great new Christmas tradition!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment