Friday, July 4, 2008

Savannah is 19










Today 19 years ago, Savannah Lee Ankerich came into the world and made me a mom. She was 3 days early and born on the 4th of July. Scott was running the Peachtree Road Race and I was planning to go with him. I wasn't feeling so well that morning and decided to stay home. He left and by 7:15am, I called my neighbor to tell her my back was hurting pretty bad. She took me to the hospital and they admitted me. I was in labor!!!

Scott finished the race and called home to check on me- back in the days of phone booths only. I didn't answer so he called our neighbor and her husband said I was in the hospital in labor. He panicked and high tailed it to the car. He made it by 10:30 and she was born @ 3:10, 6.8 lbs, and 20" long. I just knew she was a boy but when she was born, the doctor handed her to me and said, "Meet Savannah Lee Ankerich!!!"- I was the happiest mom in the world. She had tons of beautiful dark hair and so precious.

Today we celebrated her life and how blessed we are to have her as our oldest daughter. She is such a wonderful role model for her sisters and all who know her. We are so proud of you Savannah and you make us smile every day!!! We wish you the happiest of birthdays and pray to celebrate many more.

We had a big crowd at our house. My mom, Josh, Susan & Tony, Jason & Amy, Jason & the boys, the Lopes, and PaPa all came. We ate a huge lunch with all the fixings, ate homemade pound cake (thanks mama) & homemade ice cream, and then all headed to the pool for an afternoon of hanging out!!! Not many things better than celebrating the life of one of your children. Can it be true I have a 19 year old??? Blessed with a beautiful bloom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment