Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday will come in 4 posts.

Last week was Savannah's Spring Break and she came home to spend it with us!!! Let me tell you how wonderful it is to have an 18 year old daughter that you LOVE to be with- PRICELESS!!! We had a fabulous week together. We went to lunch each day, out to Atlanta one day for a little shopping, and just sat around talking for ever! It was one of the best weeks of my life- to be hanging out with this great girl who just happens to be my daughter!!! How great is that? It's a God Thing!!! I praise Him today for blessing Scott and I with a daughter who is more than we prayed for and living a life glorifying all God has made her to be. Today I am very thankful for my firstborn: Savannah Lee Ankerich. Hope you have a blessed day sweetheart!!!

I am so thankful Amelia has made such an amazing adjustment to small town life. We have jokingly told them we were moving back to Atlanta because our house has not sold, but she always says, "No way!"- I will just live with Memommy and Pop:-). Amelia has made so many wonderful friends. I am so thankful she made the HCHS Tennis Team. The girls on the team are so sweet and build each other up to be the best they can be. The coaches are awesome too. Amelia is so happy to have practice or a match to go to each day. It has been a wonderful experience for her. I am thankful God blessed Scott and I with a most precious daughter, Amelia Frances Ankerich!!!

Sweet Rosemary. We spent the day together yesterday to and from Loganville so she could get a physical to try out for HCMS Cheerleading next week. I am amazed what a beautiful young teenager she has grown into!!! She makes me laugh until my sides hurt and my eyes are full of tears. I am so thankful she too has made such a great adjustment and made some precious friends! They had a friend picture day back a few weeks ago and payed $6 per picture for Relay for Life. Here are two of the six she had made. Her friends are really sweet too and they all get along so well. They have really made Rosie feel like she has been here all along. I am so thankful God blessed Scott and I with our sweet Rosemary Grace Ankerich!!!

Where have two years gone so fast? Two years ago today, we celebrated the day our precious Qian Shuang Jiang was placed in our arms. Lots of people call it Gotcha Day- we call it EllaKate Day. I spent forever yesterday trying to put video on my computer to no avail and today I worked forever trying to figure out how to do a fancy slideshow in Adobe (thanks Deb even though I couldn't figure it out) but to no avail SO... I put some pictures together the old fashion way. I hope you enjoy watching one of the most precious days in my life.

How did we celebrate? EllaKate and I looked through our albums that I have made. We also got out all the videos we shot in China and watched them all. Scott got PF Changs take out and brought it home for dinner. We all sat and watched the videos again. EllaKate was so sweet watching herself. She kept saying over and over, "Look mommy, EllaKate got a mommy and a daddy."!!! How sweet is that? I absolutely bawled both times when I watched the part when she was placed in my arms. The first time, EllaKate handed me a tissue and said, "Daddy will be home in a minute." She knows who holds us all together doesn't she??? I tell her the story of us going all the way to China to get her all the time. Today she was able to watch it. I am so thankful God chose Scott and I to adopt our precious little girl all the way in China. What an amazing blessing!!! It has been a take-my-breath-away kind of day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment